Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow and intermittent broadband

I have a 200Mbps contract, currently my speed both upload and download is under 10.

this started months ago - I have had a virgin technician out on 23/5 he said my equipment is okay, but the hardware in the local junction cannot take the current demand, I was told that there was a technician booked to fix the hardware issue by 3/6, I waited.  As others in this forum have noted after my complaint my speed jumped to the staggering heights of 75Mbps, the fastest it's ever been (and well below my guaranteed speeds), but within 2 hours it was back to normal. 

Today the speeds have been at .5 both up and download, I phoned and spoke to a very nice man who said Virgin media are aware of the issue in my area and he promised that by 29/6 it would be working again. 

I note that others have complained, how?  I cannot find any means of contacting somebody with any authority, or any ability to fix the issues of slow broadband or of appalling customer service.  I can see that if I'm not satisfied with the response to my complaint I can contact an arbitrator and their details are provided - but I feel like I'm in an Orwellian nightmare as I cannot find a contact to complain to  

I can see from other messages here that these pages are monitored by virgin customer service staff - please contact me, or can somebody provide me with a means of contact that isn't calling a call centre in a far off country with no line of authority to actually do anything

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow and intermittent broadband

If there’s an area issue (which there seems to be) nothing can be done until the estimated fix date is achieved, or passed and it’s pushed further out.

They won’t send an engineer or other whilst there’s an area issue. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos