Menu
StoneGringo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Slow and erratic uplink. Unable to maintain YouTube stream.

M600 service. Difficulty in maintaining 2Mb/s VBR livestream. All internal equipment checked and verified. All gigabit cabled connections, cabling all tested and verified. Network path is ...

streaming device -- enterprise class gigabit switch -- high end router -- SuperHub3 

Router is TP-Link Archer AX11000
SuperHub is in modem mode

Yes I've rebooted the SuperHub and yes I've tried the SuperHub on its own - it was worse.

Graphs show hourly Ookla Speedtest uplink results for multiple and single connections. There is very little other regular outbound network traffic or high bandwidth outbound traffic. The troughs closely correlate to stream dropouts.graph1.pnggraph2.png

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow and erratic uplink. Unable to maintain YouTube stream.

Are you having the same difficulties when connected direct to the Hub in router mode?

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
0 Kudos
StoneGringo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Yes. As stated in the original post.
0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Can you please upload your router stats

Type 192.168.0.1 or (192.168.100.1 if you have your Hub in Modem mode) into your address bar at the top of your browser

Do NOT log in, just click “Check Router Status” at the bottom of the page. Sometimes the “Check Router Status” is missing, in this case just go ahead and log in and go to Advanced Settings-> Tools-> Network Status.

Please copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs, if you get a yellow warning just click the Post button again.

Do not try to fit everything in one post! You can use more than one post for each item if needed!

If you get a warning when you hit “Post” just hit “Post” again and it should work ok!

Please do not use screenshots

BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
0 Kudos
StoneGringo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Are you a Virgin representative?

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

@StoneGringo wrote:

Are you a Virgin representative?

Nope

0 Kudos
StoneGringo
Tuning in
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for trying to be helpful. I was directed to this forum by Virgin reps from Twitter with the assurance that Virgin reps would make contact and I would prefer to wait and see how this pans out.

Please read this is you have time.

https://twitter.com/StoneGringo/status/1390593196003151872

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

You can certainly wait here my friend for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, but unfortunately this will typically be between 5-10 days, sometimes sooner, sometimes later depending on how busy they are. We are volunteers and usually do the ground work for the Virgin rep so when they come along it's a quick exchange to get the problem sorted whether it be an engineer booked or router replacement etc.

Your other alternative is to call it in. Best to ring Virgin on or just after 8am on 0345 454 1111. If you decide to call it in it will run through a few automated options and after that ring back again and it should recognise that you have rang previously and then put you in the queue for a Virgin representative 🙂

0 Kudos
StoneGringo
Tuning in
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Anytime I call unless the problem is happening right at the moment I call they say there is no problem and they can't do anything. They run their diagnostics and say there's no problem our end. Also they completely wash their hands of it if the router is in modem mode as mine is.

It's a huge incovenience to switch back to router mode. 1. I have a complicated network map with DHCP and Static IP devices. 2. It'll break the YouTube stream which I've actually managed to get to a faitly stable state by reducing the bandwidth. 3. If Virgin supply a device with an available feature they should support that feature. Not supporting Modem Mode is like a garage saying they won't fix your car because the spare tire is unsupported. If their diagnostics don't work it modem mode that's not my fault. 

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi @StoneGringo,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

Apologies for our delayed response here. I can see that @conman33158 has suggested providing further details of your router stats. Is it possible for you to do this, assuming the issue remains since your posts?

You can find more details on your router's advance settings here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos