Menu
Denail
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow and Intermittent Broadband since 8th October

I have had slow to no internet since 8th October. I live in South East London, SE19.

Checking the website for service status says everything is ok and the Virgin App says all seems fine. My download speed after a test is close to 100 Mbps, my upload speed is glacial though. I have reset router, turned in and off again, all things advised to no effect.

Upon calling the help line I've been told there is a cable issue and the SSN signal is leaking (?!?). This is a complex issue and was told it should be fixed by 15th October. It's coming up to a week without trustworthy broadband - I don't think I'm alone upon review of the forums.

Is the 15th October still a date for this to be resolved or is this a bigger issue? Needless to say, working from home is not possible at the moment and not being fixed this week would be hard to stomach.

Someone from Virgin please help or at least get the messaging straight!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Denail
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow and Intermittent Broadband since 8th October

We have now been told that it will not be fixed today and instead estimated to be fixed on the 20th October. No background given as to why it has still not been completed.

Absolutely not good enough

Can someone from Virgin help please?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Denail wrote:

Can someone from Virgin help please?

They are - the engineers are trying hard to fix a known fault that seems to be more problematic than first thought. 

No one on here from VM can help further other than repeat the estimated fix date.  What specific "help" are you after?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Denail
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for responding.

I think what I'm after is a more detailed explanation from Virgin and a time frame that is realistic based on what appears to be a serious issue. It's been a week so far so must be something in foreseen.  If it's going to take longer than the two weeks now estimated since the issue started then it would make more sense for me to look elsewhere for my broadband; anything longer than 2 weeks is unsustainable when WFH

I'm unsure what the Virgin employees on this forum are able to do. The phone assistance is not much help and the website system checks are not picking up the issue. This forum is somewhat of a last resort to get an understanding of the issue. 

Thanks for responding again.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No one but the guys doing the work can give you better answer and they aren't on here nor would say anything different to what they have on the site. If you are out of contract you can move without early exit fees with 30 days notice.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos