Menu
Hev2020
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow and Intermittent 350mbps

Since our internet was installed 20 days ago it has been very slow and intermittent. We have restarted the router 7 times in 4 days, every time we try to phone someone about the problem we get stuck in an automated phone loop which concludes by telling us to restart the router. We have gone through all the steps on the website (restarting, unplugging then plugging back in, doing the home test ect) restarting the router does help the problem for a couple of hours, but even then we are only getting 40mbps, before it drops again. Also, the router always has the correct lights on, all cords are tightly pushed in, and the app claims everything is working fine. This is clearly not the case as we are paying £56 a month for the 350mbps package, yet we struggle to get speeds above 20mbps (see attached photo) at any time of day (not just peak times). It has gotten to the stage where we are unable to do Zoom calls which, given we are a house of five students doing online university, is a major problem. We chose the 350mbps package because we were told it would suit our needs, but even with ethernet cables plugged in we struggle to do our work. Just to clarify, we can't even do zoom calls when everyone stays off the internet while one person calls.

We finally managed to get the phone to ring for a real person, however gave up after an hour on hold. We tried to got to a virgin media store, but they are all closed right now, and even if they weren't, it turns out your shop in Oxford doesn't actually exist. When we try to book an engineer visit, the site will give us a bunch of possible times, but no matter which one we click on it immediately says 'that time is unavailable'.

The internet also just randomly cuts out, often only for minutes, but yesterday it cut out for nearly three hours. Any help at all really appreciated! I have a really important meeting on Thursday and I hope the issue will fixed by then!Internet speed hev.jpgInternet speed ash.jpg

0 Kudos
snake1985
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow and Intermittent 350mbps

I'm exactly same, new customer 350mbps and getting no where near. Use TP links for consoles and pc have done for years and getting way less than i did with BT. Tried wired up to router in same room next to router and still got less than 30mbps. Wifi is awful as soon as step away from Router the speed drops down to single figures
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Hev2020

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear the drops in connection

Have you been able to get this sorted yet?

If not, I have sent you a private message to gain account access

Please ignore it if you dont require any assistance

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@snake1985 wrote:
... snip ...

If you want assistance please start your own thread.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos