Menu
Sangoma
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow again

Week before last broadband in CV5 was slow and intermittent. Called and got a message they had a problem and were working on it.

Last week the same, but the message stated the problem was more complicated and taking longer than expected.

Today still very slow, wasn't too bad until 7am. 

It now took 20 seconds to load the login screen here.

Phoned this morning and had to go through the whole reset process, than do a speed test on a wired machine. about 18MBS, repeated it a short while ago

Tested later a short while after that on a machine connected straight to the virgin hub and the resultsspeed.jpg

I didn't finish the call with the helpline, as it was obviously going to achieve nothing. The lady could not explain why others in the same road have the same problem, or why connecting to the same sites through my phone were fast.

About 4 years ago we had over a year of this, where they kept denying anything was wrong, until eventually they did an upgrade to some equipment and it was fine until now.

It was fine until whatever happened the week before last.

How does one get a sensible answer from Virgin?

Seems better early in the day, nothing has changed on my systems, happens on wire and wifi connections to the hub, others in the same area have noticed the same problem.

Doesn't sound like a problem in any ones home, sounds like they are oversubscribed in the area again, or have cut/changed the bandwidth to the area.

WO 22651082

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow again

Welcome to community forum.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with the broadband speeds, Sangoma.

Do you notice these speeds on your other devices? Does it only happen during peak hours? Is this happening to both wired and wireless connection?

If you're using WiFi, there are plenty of problems that can slow down your connection. If you tried connecting your computer directly to the router with an Ethernet cable. If that solves the problem, then your WiFi signal is poor enough to degrade your internet speed.

If Internet connection might appear slow both, wired and wireless. It could be a problem with your modem or router, WiFi signal, signal strength on your cable line, devices on your network saturating your bandwidth, or even a slow DNS server.

We'd love to check and isolate the issues regarding your slow intermittent connection.

If  there's are no known issues showing, here,

Our technical support can definitely help you to troubleshoot your connections further.

We can do this via online chat.

Hope these helps.

Keep us posted.

Jean_F

0 Kudos
Sangoma
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That screen shot was taken off a wired machine.

It has been OK for about ten days, this morning it is slow again even early in the morning.

It is nothing to do with the equipment in my house, as it is slow for neighbours as well

Previously when the problem had the same symptoms, you sent 2 new modems, sent an engineers out several times, and generally faffed around for 18 months, at which stage I was told you were upgrading equipment, after which it has been fine for a couple of years.

When I posted the original message a couple of weeks ago, it was fine early in the morning, then got slower from 6-7am on.

Now it is slow even early in the morning.

£40 a month is a criminal amount just for broadband even if we get a first world service, but when it doesn't work, it's a disgrace

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sangoma, 

Sorry that you're still having this issue. 

Have you spoken to the team about it recently to see if we're having any issues or an upgrade?

If not then please give them a call on 150/0345 454 1111 so they can assist further. 

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos