cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow after works on my street

Deerbolt
Tuning in

Over the last few day's to a week, after work's had been completed on my street everything seemed fine, then all of a sudden my speed dropped dramatically from what is was, I was regularly getting around 850-900+Mbps on my 1 Gig Fibre Broadband package, since the work's have finished my speed has gone down to an average 20.1Mbps.

I am connected via an Cat6a Ethernet Cable to my motherboards 2.5Gbps Ethernet port, even updated my Ethernet port driver's just to make sure it was not that causing any problem's.

Have done the Check Service Status and all I keep getting is this "Looks like there’s an intermittent signal issue in your area". Have tried all the usual fixes, turn of Router and power to the Router and wait, then turn it back on and nothing has changed, checked all cable's numerous time's and they are all connected securely.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Deerbolt
Tuning in

Did what you said and disconnected all ethernet cables from router and pin hole reset for 60secs went and made coffee and then reinserted cables into router, and now I have no Internet at all. So now what do I do, the ring on top of my hub4 is solid white with no flashing, no connection at all and when I troubleshoot in Windows it just keeps saying Ethernet cable not connected, have checked both router and PC and cable is firmly connected. I think my router kind gone as my home phone don't work either

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
This might do it....
Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker. See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Deerbolt
Tuning in

Did what you said and disconnected all ethernet cables from router and pin hole reset for 60secs went and made coffee and then reinserted cables into router, and now I have no Internet at all. So now what do I do, the ring on top of my hub4 is solid white with no flashing, no connection at all and when I troubleshoot in Windows it just keeps saying Ethernet cable not connected, have checked both router and PC and cable is firmly connected. I think my router kind gone as my home phone don't work either

Problem was not on my end, during street updates they did a bit of damage to some lines inadvertently, called 150 and an engineer is coming Tuesday to fix it.