Menu
RLTon
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow Wifi unable to do Video calls on M100

Hi,

We are on M100 and speed test varies from 30-100 and is really affecting my working from home. I have even purchased a new router and unplugged everything else on the device.

Can this be improved? Please.

Thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Wifi unable to do Video calls on M100

What are wired speeds like?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
RLTon
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The wired speeds are between 30-80. My router is downstairs and my study on the first floor, have also used a TPLink to run both wired and wireless point.

Regularly reboot the router also.

Should I not be able to do Skype video calls on a M100 speed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes.

But they’ll be more stable over a wired connection. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
RLTon
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for that. Ok so I don't have the ability to move my study to the hub, what can I do to improve the wifi and speed or have a router with a stronger signal?

I don't know can I have two connections coming into my house to enable wired in my study?

Thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Get a better router or a mesh system to improve and increase wireless speeds and performance 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Buy a 50m run of cat5e cable from the usual places (<£10) and just connect it like that temporarily whilst you run video calls. Or do as Gary suggests

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos