Menu
BitBurger1969
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow WiFi

Hi all

Struggling with slow Wifi speeds for the last couple of weeks which is somewhat frustrating.

I've booted down the router, no luck, followed the virgin test plan and carried out factory reset but still no luck.

Any recommendations before I consider booking an engineer.

thanks 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow WiFi

A few questions.

What Hub model do you have and what package are you on?

Is it just speed issues that you are having or are there any complete dropouts as well?

Also are all of the issues just on wifi connections or are your ethernet cable connected devices also having issues at the same time ? If you dont know can you test that?

And what devices are you using?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
BitBurger1969
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, thank you for your response.

I've had this virgin package for 12 months however over the past couple of weeks the WIFI has slowed down which is very frustrating waiting for pages to load etc. When using my IPhone, it I turn the WIFI off and use 4G, it's then fine however the just eats your data allowance!

On my virgin package account page, it says I have M200 fibre broadband and regarding the hub; I assume your referring to the WIFI / router box?

Underneath the WIFI box it says Hub 3.0? Does that help?

Many Thanks

martin

0 Kudos
BitBurger1969
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry John, it doesn't drop out.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable