Menu
brambledog87
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow WIFI

An engineer looked at my WIFI a week or so ago and since then it’s has reduced in speed. Tried to do a speed check and it keeps coming up with error as it can’t connect to server. When it did finally work, the speed was 30mps - well below what I am paying for. I still have an orange light on my hub which the engineer has said is a faulty led but it means that it is working fine and means that it is white instead.
Any advice would be helpful. 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow WIFI

@brambledog87 wrote:

An engineer looked at my WIFI a week or so ago and since then it’s has reduced in speed.

Just by looking😏

You with not get your speed by wifi only by wire so if you think you can do better get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow WIFI

Hi brambledog87,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome back to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you've had some problems with your wireless connection,

Could you please try running a speed test from your Hub to a laptop/computer using an Ethernet cable? This will help us to identify if this is a problem that is specific to your WiFi, or part of a wider issue.

As legacy1 has kindly pointed out, we aren't able to guarantee our speeds via WiFi due to the large number of factors that can impact on the quality of your connection.

Please let me know if you have any more concerns or questions.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos