Menu
lidston
Tuning in
Message 1 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Slow Upload Speed

I rarely get above 2MB/s (wired, wireless retighten all connections tried different cables...) when I check status in my account it says everything is fine but when I run test I get this result. Download speed is fine.

VCapture.PNG

When I ring support I just get a pre-recorded message saying we are sorry for your ongoing broadband issues it is a complex problem that we are working on. No option to speak to anyone or an update. A month ago I manged to talk to someone on online chat and they were meant to get someone to call but that never happened.

I assume there is too much traffic on the node and they need to upgrade it. But when is this planned when is it going on. I'm going to be working from home a lot longer it would be nice for it too not be painful at times because of this. I'm aware this may be significant work for them but I just want to know what is happening or to be allowed to speak to someone. I held of contacting at the start as it didn't fit into their category of urgent and I'm not and NHS worker. But just tell me what the problem is and don't have the service status as no known issues as when the test is run you know that is not the case.

When is the planned upgrade to the node. Not soon as I've not had a letter. Thank you.

0 Kudos
lidston
Tuning in
Message 2 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Upload Speed

So no-one from virgin can tell me anything apart from the generic recorded message on the support line stopping me from being able to speak to anyone.

What is the problem? Is there any estimate on when it will be fixed?

0 Kudos
lidston
Tuning in
Message 3 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Going by the lack of contact from virgin I guess it's time to find another provider for when my contract finishes. Download speed is getting worse now as well. It's a joke you can only claim money back for complete loss of service. Perhaps I need to join twitter they don't like complaints on there I might get a response.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 54
Flag for a moderator

@lidston wrote:

Going by the lack of contact from virgin I guess it's time to find another provider for when my contract finishes. Download speed is getting worse now as well. It's a joke you can only claim money back for complete loss of service. Perhaps I need to join twitter they don't like complaints on there I might get a response.

Twitter will point you back here.

Any monies due back for whatever reason will also be in your contract when you signed up so you can’t say you didn’t know about it.

However, post the Network, Upstream and Downstream logs from the hub admin pages 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
lidston
Tuning in
Message 5 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I'm not saying I didn't know about it. But I was also expecting being able to talk to someone to know what the problem is. The phone line just directs me to a pre-recorded message. I want to know a rough date of when they think it will be fixed. If it's a long time I may have to get another contract on top of this from somewhere else as the upload is making it hard for us to work. I don't want to fork out if the fix is next week. But no-one will tell us what the problem is and can't actually speak to anyone on the phone. Perhaps there's a way I can get round the automated message to get to speak to someone. 

I'm saying the no money back is a joke because of the lack of being able to contact them, it's like it's deliberate. What am I meant to do. I've done everything I can as far as I know. It requires 1 min from them to reply on here.

"We have no date for the work to be carried out as yet" I'd be happy with that as I know I'd have to get another contract elsewhere to try and sort the problem out.

Just a one line answer as to when they think it'll be fixed or indeed if the message is wrong and they need to come and do something here. I'd just like them to acknowledge the problem in a way that's not automated. It's pretty poor customer service.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Then you’ll need to wait for a forum mod to reply. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
lidston
Tuning in
Message 7 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Day 7.....

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Yup. It can take them a while to respond.

Either that or you phone it in. 

0 Kudos
lidston
Tuning in
Message 9 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I can't phone it in as I always end up getting to a message saying they are aware of broadband problems and can't get to speak to anyone.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 10 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lidston,

Sorry to hear about your upload speed issue. I can see some notes about SNR issue and I've checked your network details also. Can I ask if you can reboot your Hub so I can see some clean data? There are some T3 errors, not much but I want to see how the stats are after a reboot. 

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos