Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow Upload Speed in Loughton

Is anyone experiencing slow upload speed in Loughton area?

Upload speeds of .40kb/sec!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Upload Speed in Loughton

Which Hub do you have ?

What is your contracted speed ?

………………………………………………………………………..

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Getting 22meg upload in Loughton 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I’ve got the new hub 4, 200mbps speed, cat6 Ethernet cable. Download was fine but my upload speed was rubbish on several devices throughout my home.
Luckily the problem has resolved itself now, but I would like to know why for future ref.

cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If it was a Wi-Fi problem it would be very difficult diagnosing once it is working again.

For future problems setting up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos