cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Upload (Area Code: 20) between 12pm and 6pm

cablejunkie
Up to speed

Since around 20th May, pretty much every day between 12pm and 6pm, the upload speed of my 250Mbps connection slows down to a crawl of approx. 2 to 3 Mbps, but my download speed is unaffected. Outside of this window I get a reliable speedtest.net result of approx. 270Mbps down & 26Mbps up. The graph below is almost identical every day back to late May, I've rebooted my router and PC in an attempt to resolve this, but it makes no difference.

My Broadband Ping - 1. VM 250Mb

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cablejunkie 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I was sorry to read about the slow upload and have done a system diagnostic to help you.

There is an SNR issue (signal to noise ratio) that you're impacted by. F010686706 - fault number. The estimated fix date is the 14th June.

Please do monitor your connection for me after this time and report back any issues.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John_GS,

Still the same issue since 14/06 I'm afraid, BQM graphs below from 14th to 16th June, was fault number F010686706 resolved, or is it still ongoing please?

14/06...

15/06...

16/06...

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello cablejunkie, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I have ran a check from our side and can confirm the fault ticket is still open and our engineers are working to get the problem resolved. 

The current estimated fix time is the 20th June 10am. 

Please do let us know if you have any questions or if the problems are still occurring following this time. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Natalie_L,

Thanks for the update, June 20th has come and gone, and initially the issue seemed to be much improved, but it has now returned to the same poor levels as before. Speedtest result from Sat 24th June during and after the 'slow down' period, and BQM graphs from 20th to 24th June below...

24/06, during problem timeslot...

Speedtest-by-Ookla-The-Global-Broadband-Speed-Test-bad.png

24/06, after problem timeslot...

Speedtest-by-Ookla-The-Global-Broadband-Speed-Test-good.png

20/06...

21/06...

22/06...

23/06...

24/06...

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @cablejunkie,

Thanks for coming back to us about this ongoing connection fault. Unfortunately, the Outage is still ongoing. 

The current estimated fix time is currently showing as 29/06/23 at 10am. I do apologise that this issue has been ongoing for so long and that it has been impacting you this way.

Our teams are working hard to have this issue rectified as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs