Menu
Shaggie44
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speeds and Erratic connection M200

I had virgin installed last Sat, so far i'm not impressed. The speeds are very erratic (I would expect in the 20% + or - range). But on average I am getting 40Mb/s!!

I am aware of the factors that might affect speed (having had virgin before) to counter these I have placed router in different locations, I have tested close to router and then upstairs in bedroom, but the variances are insane, one test can be 12MB/s another 60MB/s and 120MB/s  same location difference of say 10mins.

Today the wifi connection kept dropping, less than ideal considering I work from home.

I have not done a cable test.

I have access to 192.168.0.1, but I wouldn't be able to interpret the data output. So far all I have done is run the network diagnostic tool, results below (bold items are in the same location as the route less than 3m away.)

Your home network has a few problems.

Checking Broadband Service

Checking Telephone Service

Checking Ethernet Connections

Checking WiFi Connections (this has issues)

If you still think something is wrong, please check the following
1Gateway IPv4 address is valid.
2Your broadband connection is working.
3The temperature of your Hub 3.0 is normal.
4The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
5The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
6The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
7The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
8The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
9The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
10Please place your WiFi device near the Hub 3.0.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speeds and Erratic connection M200

You need to test using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected to prove the status of the broadband connection.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Shaggie44
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

testjpeg.jpg

@MikeRobbo wrote:

You need to test using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected to prove the status of the broadband connection.

This is the result of the test, MacBook on the left is on wifi and right is on cable both are 1m from the router. Is this normal? 99% of the items in this household run on wifi 33mb/s is on a good day on avg we get 7mb/s!! way slower than previous sky internet.A retest before posting, now the wifi is faster than the cable connection!!A retest before posting, now the wifi is faster than the cable connection!!

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shaggie44,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the connection, I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see it's been around 20+ days since the hub was last rebooted.

If you can please do this for me to refresh the hubs data then I will run through some diagnostics.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Shaggie44
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex, I rebooted the hub and the signal was good for a few days (I was getting 130mb/s upstairs, its now dropped to between 35-70mb/s).

I have just signed up for Broadband Quality Monitor, will upload the results.
0 Kudos
Shaggie44
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My BQM 

0 Kudos