Menu
Netmeister
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speeds & WiFi Drop Outs

Hi team,

I'm hoping to get my slow speeds sorted out. Since about March I haven't seen speeds anywhere close to what I should be getting. I'm on the M200 package and I've always had speeds in excess of 200Mbps, but in the last few months I've never seen it above 70-80.

On top of that I also get fairly frequent WiFi drops, which is actually an issue I've had for a lot longer than that. I've run all the tests and been through some other things with someone in live chat. They said I was going to hear from an engineer but I never did.

I'm still on an old Hub 2, so honestly I think it's just time for a change to a new router which I can't help but think will fix the issue.

Let me know if you need anything from me.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Dan

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speeds & WiFi Drop Outs

What speeds do you get wired direct to the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Netmeister
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speeds & WiFi Drop Outs

Oh man, what a fumble. I thought I was already direct as I was going through a switch with nothing else connected to it, but it appears it was a bottleneck and I'm now getting 210+ Mbps. Been using it for years so it must be going up the wall now. Apologies there.

Would a new router eliminate the WiFi issue, or is that a symptom of all routers over time? A reboot almost always fixes the issue but it's still frustrating. Like I said I'm still on the old Hub 2 so I'm not sure if I'd see any other benefits.

Cheers Gary.

Dan

0 Kudos