Menu
Josh90b
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speed since Thurs 25th June

Hello,

I've had consistent extremely slow speeds since Thursday the 25th of June at around 11pm. This happened before back in April/May but was fixed the following Tuesday morning. I've followed all the step by step guides on the help centre but still nothing fixed. Had no luck getting through to anybody via phone.

I'm in the SW area. This needs to be resolved immediately as I am strongly thinking of leaving after being a customer for a number of years.

Thanks,

Josh

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speed since Thurs 25th June

What’s slow exactly?

Wired or wireless devices?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Josh90b
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Getting huge latency when trying to stream. Using Ethernet cable on my laptop and my iPhone. Both can barely keep a steady stream on Netflix.

It happened before back in April/May and was announced that it would be fixed and it was. Like 3 days after. Now it's back and it's been over a week with no fix or mention. It happened right around when London started having issues last week so figured it was related but now I'm starting to think otherwise.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a BQM set up?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Josh90b
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

No, I've never used a quality monitor. I use a cloud gaming service and that usually tells me if my internet is sucking. Which it has done now since it went down last Thursday. Getting like 500 ms Latency. Netflix, Facebook all the web browsing is slow. So I'm almost certain it's an issue Virgin's end.

The test I ran on the Virgin website says it was slow but when you go back to the main page for problems in area, there're none.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Virgin will want to see a BQM so suggest setting one up.

Also post back the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages 

0 Kudos
Josh90b
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I just ran a BQM after signing up for the first time. I'm not that tech savvy so could you explain the Hub info I need to get?

Here's the results to the test https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1593796787107349555

0 Kudos
Josh90b
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

the first link is to their speed test - not the BQM

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Josh90b
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Is there a way I can speak to a member of Virgin Media team about this? I've tried calling and spent nearly £10 credit on hold... I thought there was a chat support.

0 Kudos