Menu
RachelC1969
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speed on wifi

Hi, I am signed up to 100 broadband, but it really seems hit and miss, with most of the time my speed being circa 7-8, and at times down to only 1 - however upload remains about 10!

in the past I’ve contacted Virgin Media and they have told me their internal checks indicated no problems, and after pushing they sent a new router, but didn’t fix the issue.  The speed is like a wave, as moves up and down - which I understand - but when it’s down below 10, bbc iplayer etc constantly buffer...I was hoping to at least of having a speed of 20.  

I’m in Beeston, Nottingham (area 30 in virgin speak), and neighbours with virgin do not suffer the same slow speeds as myself. It’s now more frustrating having to work from home, as at times the network is also cutting out.  If anyone else had come across this and found a successful solution with Virgin they can share the process? As mentioned the call centre (before lockdown) didn’t work for me.  Thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speed on wifi

Is this on a wired or wireless connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
RachelC1969
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wireless...same issues on all devices (work windows laptop, mini Mac, iPhone, iPad, Samsung phone).  And then same again with My tv for bbc iplayer - I have tried wiring that through home plugs but it made no difference to using the tv on the wireless connection.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You need to speedtest with a wired connection 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
RachelC1969
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wired this up, and speed is good on the wired connection. Seems to be when I go wireless (even when sitting in Front of the router - that the speeds drop). Virgin media sent me the home hub 3 box, but it’s made no difference to my wireless speeds.  Annoying me really now as working from home with lockdown and work is heavily into video calls - so having to dial in on traditional telephone number as well (other member of household using the wired connection for their work).

0 Kudos