Menu
robcowling
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow Internet

I moved to Virgin Broadband the day before Christmas Eve to improve my exisiting Wifi connection. The problem is that although its supposed to be super fast it's actually much slower than Vodaphone was and keeps dropping off on key devices - like my laptop for work. How do I contact an engineer over Christmas to get it sorted?? Calling the main line and Live Chat hasn't worked (by phone I'm on hold for hours and on Live Chat conversations just end with no explanation.  I desperately need to get it fixed as I work from home. Can anyone advise what is a reliable way of contacting Virgin?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Internet

VM do not, and never have guaranteed Wi-Fi speed or coverage.

Which Hub do you have ?

What is your contracted speed ?

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Then immediately after …

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos