Menu
acmrussell
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Slow Internet

I am on a package promising 100 mbs. Constant speed checks for a week all speeds below 14 mbs. I have followed all instructions re resetting router by pinhole etc. with no improvement. I am getting the same readings from 6 different devices. 

I hav tried to do a router log but when it says 

"

1. Use your browser to navigate to 192.168.0.1 (Modem Mode users will need to go to 192.168.100.1)
  2. Superhub and Superhub 2/AC will find “Router Status” in the right hand corner. Click this to access your hub stats. Hub 3 users will find “Check Router Status” below the log in screen to access this information.
  3. Copy and paste your Downstream, Upstream and Network log into your post and we’ll do the rest."

There is NO Check Router Status 

0 Kudos
SusanHibbs
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Internet

I am having the same problem.  I should have the highest speed going of 200mbs.  Very slow on devices in the house.  Have tried switching of router, tried pin in reset button of router.  Tried ringing virgin for help and was told to try pin in the re set button.  Still bad today with one device saying no internet. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you Speedtesting over wired or wireless?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
acmrussell
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

On wireless, but 10 cm from router..and it's the same speed as 2 rooms away..

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wireless speeds do not form part of any speed guarantee - only the speed being delivered to the hub and speedtested via a wired connection is.

What are wired speeds like direct to the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
acmrussell
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The real question is why the speed is less than half of what it used to be.....

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

because wireless is unpredictable and affected by other wireless networks in range, Interference, and other devices using the same frequencies like Bluetooth, Zigbee, CCTV, cordless phones, etc.

you can't control wireless it may we 200 one day and 1 next. that is the nature of wifi
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Because that’s what WiFi does.

Hence being asked to do a wired speed test. 

0 Kudos