Menu
Jimc56
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow Internet speed

I have just signed up for 500mbs broadband and after checking everything I am only getting a maximum of 48mbs!!

Anyone else got the same issue?

I am in Westcliff on Sea, Southend

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Internet speed

What speed do you get with direct wired connection from PC to router using a Cat 5e cable or better with a 1Gbps Ethernet capable network card?

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you're measuring that on a wireless device, that is the most likely cause of the problem.  Usually can be improved by playing with settings.  If it is over ethernet, then it's a cable problem.  Tell us which and we can guide you down the appropriate checks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Number17
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This has got to be the worst ISP out there. Switched over from Talk Talk after 3 years after been sold a dream of the 100Mbs internet speed. At the last test, i was getting .9Mbs download and 0.56Mbs upload. How's that possible? No customer service to reach, a useless complaint system, the list is abhorrent failure goes on. 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Number17 wrote:

This has got to be the worst ISP out there. Switched over from Talk Talk after 3 years after been sold a dream of the 100Mbs internet speed. At the last test, i was getting .9Mbs download and 0.56Mbs upload. How's that possible? No customer service to reach, a useless complaint system, the list is abhorrent failure goes on. 

If you want help please start your own thread 🙂

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos