cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow/Intermittent Broadband & Wi-Fi

Gingerbeardyman
On our wavelength

Over the last couple of weeks, the broadband in our home has gone from being reliable to being very intermittent and I've not been able to contact customer services to complain about this. But I have tried all the remedies suggested by the Triage bot (such as rebooting the router, being hardwired etc.) My partner's and my own work relies on having a good internet connection as all our work is cloud-based.

I've gone through the connection "dark-spots" on the app and there aren't any in either of the rooms where my partner and I work. So I'm unsure as to why our broadband has suddenly gone quite rubbish frankly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated (and on making a complaint as well).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Gingerbeardyman,
Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have been having an issue with slow speeds, I have managed to locate your account and did identify an issue which I have now cleared, please unplug the Router from the power leave 2 minutes then plug back in?

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Gingerbeardyman
On our wavelength

I forgot to mention that we are using a Hub 3 and have had an engineer out to have a look at this recently.

Attached to this post are the speed tests I have run on my wired and wireless connection over the last week or so.Screenshot 2022-01-20 115214.png

Hi Gingerbeardyman,
Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have been having an issue with slow speeds, I have managed to locate your account and did identify an issue which I have now cleared, please unplug the Router from the power leave 2 minutes then plug back in?

Regards

Paul.

Thanks Paul, so far it seems to be running well - Can I ask what the issue on Virgin's end was?

Hi, our WiFi is still intermittent,  the speed is correct, but not much use if the WiFi keeps dropping!

Hello @Gingerbeardyman, sorry that your wifi appears to still be intermittent.

I've ran some checks and it appears that there seems to be some issues with the power levels on your Hub, potentially impacting your performance to date.

I'm going to pop you a quick PM to ask you to confirm some details, just so I can arrange a technician to come to you to get this fixed.

Please expect this PM to arrive within the next few minutes!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Gingerbeardyman, thanks for your confirmation of requested details via PM.

I'm just replying publicly to close off this thread on here!

I'm pleased to confirm I've booked in the technician for you who can hopefully get the problem sorted for you.

I can't disclose the appointment time publicly, but if you want to view this then you can view via your My Virgin Media app.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.
Many thanks

Tom_W