Menu
Bennymc231
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Slow Download Speed

I have had this problem for over 9 months now. Been promised numerous call backs which do not happen and now I cannot get through to anyone either by phone or live chat! 

I had upgraded my plan to the M350 last summer as I was advised that this would solve the issue. This has not been the case and thus I am paying more money for a product that has not improved. £59 a month is ludicrous for the speed and service I am receiving.

I have reset all settings, removed all devices, connected via an Ethernet cable, done everything that has been advised several times and still I am only getting a maximum download speed of 75mbps. This isn’t even half of the 181mbps that your terms say this plan will guarantee!

Myself and my partner both work from home and these speed issues are severely impacting our work.

Please sort this ASAP otherwise I will be taking my service elsewhere when my contract ends in 2 months time.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Download Speed

Hi Bennymc231, thanks for the message and we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the connection, can you confirm if this is still the case or has since been resolved? Can you confirm if the issue occurs on both the wired and wireless connections? If you connect only a laptop over the wired connection to the router what kind of speed are you getting? Chris 

0 Kudos
Bennymc231
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

This still has not been involved and no one has been in touch regarding this. 

The issue is with both wired and wireless connections, wireless obviously being a lot worse.

I am getting a maximum of 75mbps when wired through my laptop and 25mbps through wireless connection. 

I look forward to your assistance in resolving this urgently.

Thanks, Ben

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for providing that, would you be able to do a broadband quality monitor here and share the results. Chris

0 Kudos
Bennymc231
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

Attached are my wireless and wired results. The wired result is slightly higher than I have been experiencing but still nowhere near the minimum Virgin have guaranteed

Please let me know what else you need

Bennymc231_0-1611239400344.png

Bennymc231_1-1611239504003.png

0 Kudos
Bennymc231
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

HI Bennymc231, it looks like you have done the speed test, can you do the broadband quality monitor please ^Chris

0 Kudos
Bennymc231
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the message, please let it run for a day or two so that we can get some more consistent readings. Chris

0 Kudos
Bennymc231
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Ok, will I receive an update in a couple of days? 

0 Kudos