Menu
nambutler
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband

Suffering from painfully slow broadband speed. Tried all the usual reset advice but speed is slow even with ethernet cable attached. Speed is around a 10th of the speed I purchase at a high cost each month so I'm not happy! I should be due a refund for the speed I'm getting and some compensation for loss of service.

Who can sort this issue out for me. I'm working from home and 2 other members of the household need to share the connection. Speed is atrocious at best!

Help!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
kizi
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband

I hope I can help you can I pm you 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi nambutler,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and a very warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are suffering with slow broadband, I have carried out full checks my end and cannot see any issues at all, all your levels are where they should be.

I can see you haven't rebooted for 10 days and also there are lots of devices connected to yhe router, although we do not limit your devices the more running can have an effect on the rest of your devices.

I recommend installing our Virgin Media Connect app, with this you can diagnose and fix most Wi-Fi issues and also pause devices you aren't using in order to enable the devices you are using to run better, 

You can find out more around the app here .

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
nambutler
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Done everything suggested in terms of resets and still unreliable download speeds. Range as low as 15 to 50. Once or twice in the last 12months have I seen anything like 200 I pay for.

Going through security on the phone and I have to answer a miriad of questions only to be told I havent passed the questions.....for heavens sake, what do I do....complain and/or consider cancellation?

Crying out for help and despite paying full price, I'm not getting the service I pay for either in customer service or in speed. I can't accept the reduced level in service statements as I still pay full price. If I was paying for a reduced service I should get a refund or be paying less than I currently am.

Help!!

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nambutler, 

thanks for your post, I have checked remotely and you have a lot of devices connected via ethernet, this can slow down your speeds, what is the speed you get on a wired connection?
Thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos