Menu
baldlygoing
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband

Anyone else suffering from poor Broadband speeds? Should expect 200Mbps, but only getting 40-50Mbps? Anyone aware of any faults in Gloucester area?

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband

How are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

If wireless, try wired directly to the hub with a Cat 5e cable or better with a device equipped with a gigabit Ethernet network card.

0 Kudos
baldlygoing
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alessandro

I connect wirelessly, and normally record speeds of around 210Mbps on my phone, nothing else has changed, however over the last few days I have only been getting the lower 'scores'. I have unplugged and re-plugged the router several times. I will try a wired connection (will try tomorrow) and let you know, but suspect that this is not the issue.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What Hub model do you have? Do you know which network band the phone is connected to? For example, my Macbook Air and iPhone7 both get 220mbps on my Vivid200 wifi connection - but only when I put them onto the 5GHz network. Sat in the same spot if I then flick them over to the 2.4GHz network, they max out at 70-80mbps - it's just the limitations of the technology!

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
baldlygoing
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So, wired up the xbox one and did a speedtest, same result. Rang the help desk, done full reset on the router (Hub 3.0) - still same result. If problems persist they will send a new router. 

I understand from "downdetector.co.uk" and "istheservicedown.co.uk" that I may not be the only one experiencing these issues, that lead me to think the equipment my end is fine 😞

0 Kudos
baldlygoing
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thrown this out to the local noticeboard on Facebook, appears quite a few people have issues with Virgin broadband, hopefully they will all ring 150 🙂

0 Kudos