Menu
Rangersbob
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband after install

Yesterday i had my Full fibre 500 installed and i cannot get anywhere near 500MB download speeds. I have tried everything from rebooting the router, changing cables, fixed wiring into the router but still speeds are slow.

The engineer yesterady showed me his device showing 500MB but since he left the speeds have dropped massively to less than half.

WiFi is 150mb max and wired 250mb Max

Any Suggestions?

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband after install

What speed do you get on https://speedtest.samknows.com/ with direct wired connection from PC to router using a Cat 5e cable or better with a 1Gbps Ethernet capable network card?

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Rangersbob
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Rangersbob_0-1611665047400.png

Quite slow really

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you please upload your router stats

Type 192.168.0.1 or (192.168.100.1 if you have your Hub in Modem mode) into your address bar at the top of your browser

For Hubs 2 & 3 - DO NOT LOG IN, just click “Check Router Status”

For Hub 4 - When the page appears LOG IN then click on:

Advanced Settings > Tools > Network Status.

Please copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs, if you get a yellow warning just click the Post button again. You can use more than one post for each item if needed.

If you get a warning when you hit “Post” just hit “Post” again and it should work ok!

Please do not use screen grabs

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos