Menu
adamtiffany1989
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Slow 2.4ghz frequency

Hi, I have the hub 3 , and after some initial issues, now have 300mbps+ consistent 5ghz frequency WiFi. My Netgear ex2700 routers even next to the virgin hub, put out 10mbps if that. I know there's a drop off but this is ridiculous. I've already had an engineer out for the initial slow speed on 5ghz but that was resolved and I assumed everything was fine.

I've swapped the WiFi channels and still no better , thoughts?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow 2.4ghz frequency

Is it the Netgear EX2700 Extender that is putting out slow Wi-Fi on 2.4GHz ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
adamtiffany1989
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Chicken and the egg......

The Netgear put out upto 300mbps so I don't see why they would be the issue. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

With the Netgear Extender powered off and removed  what speed do you get from the VM Hub ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
adamtiffany1989
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

• They are the only item I know that will use the 2.4ghz in the home. My phone /laptops connect automatically to the 5ghz 
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You have lost me now.

How do you know that the 2.4GHz frequency is only running at 10Mbs ?

0 Kudos
adamtiffany1989
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The extenders only run on 2.4ghz frequency I believe?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

In your first post you wrote ...

"My Netgear ex2700 routers even next to the virgin hub, put out 10mbps if that."

How do you know that they are running at <10Mbs ?

0 Kudos
adamtiffany1989
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed test through that extender / or ethernet cable 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Let's start again ...

Remove the extender from the system and put it to one side.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carry out a speed test at speedtest.net  with a laptop or similar connected to the Hub with an ethernet cable.

What speed do you get ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remove the ethernet cable from the Hub and device.

Carry out a speed test at speedtest.net  with the same device connected to the Hub at 5GHz.

What speed do you get ?

Carry out a speed test at speedtest.net  with the same device connected to the Hub at 2.4GHz.

What speed do you get ?

Put the extender back into the system.

Carry out a speed test at speedtest.net  with the same device connected to the extender at 5GHz.

What speed do you get ?

Carry out a speed test at speedtest.net  with the same device connected to the extender at 2.4GHz.

What speed do you get ?