Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Slow 1Gig download speed

Hello all.

Yet another post about slow 1Gig speeds. SamKnows shows full speed coming into house, but then router only putting out ~400Mb/s maximum. At peak times it’s more like 200Mb/s. Upload is fine at 52Mb/s.

Screenshot shows my iPad Pro but same on all devices.

143D0BAA-C653-4801-B138-A81FAC977529.png

Network status here: https://pdfhost.io/v/~XsZ2N2qJ_Hub_4.pdf

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow 1Gig download speed

From reading other people’s posts on here, I think it’s something to do with the power being -3.8 right at the bottom of the stats?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You also have five Downstream Channels Power Levels that are too high and the differential between the lowest at -3.8dBmV and highest at +11.4dBmV is far too great.

This will need an engineer to put right.

You can either call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, Mike. I know I am not meant to bump the thread but I'm still waiting for a member of the forum team to respond - can you flag this post or something for me?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can't sorry.

Do you realise that your latest post has put you to the back of the 'to do list' whereas waiting for another day might have got a VM response ?

It is a matter of persevering on the phone, using the text message system or waiting on here.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Frankly, if that is the way that VM prioritise paying customers' legitimate service issues then I don't hold out much hope for a suitable solution through this forum. From reading other threads, it doesn't look like many people are happy with the 'solutions' offered. Looks like it's the phone route for me.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@mattvolp wrote:

Frankly, if that is the way that VM prioritise paying customers' legitimate service issues then I don't hold out much hope for a suitable solution through this forum. From reading other threads, it doesn't look like many people are happy with the 'solutions' offered. Looks like it's the phone route for me.

Can you give them a better method of prioritising customer problems ?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oh I don’t know Mike, maybe based on the original date of the OP?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@mattvolp wrote:

Oh I don’t know Mike, maybe based on the original date of the OP?

Using that method each time they come on to the forum the first posts that they will be going to will be posts that are years old !!

I don't know how their algorithms work but the VM Staff seem to go to threads that the OP hasn't posted on for a week or so. If the OP is still posting they see it as the OP is still in communication with the community.

0 Kudos