Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Slooooooooow Speeds

Since getting my "free" (strangely my bill rose) upgrade t0 100mb my speed is virtually zero. In fact when i checked it this afternoon it was 1.0. This is utterly disgusting. You can keep claiming it's a customer problem all you like when it's obviously on Virgins end. When are you going to admit your hardware sucks. You are clearly throttling speeds despite what you say. I want this fixed NOW!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slooooooooow Speeds

Posting some stats would help - copy/paste back the Network, Upstream and Downstream logs from the hub admin pages.

And yes I agree, the hub is poor.

But I disagree when you say they’re throttling. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi James2288

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of the broadband issues. I have checked the systems and there are no issues showing. I can see you do have an older hub. Would you like me to replace this free of charge for you with the latest one?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"free" replacement HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EVERYTIME i've had anything "free" from Virgin my bill strangely goes up the next month. Stick ya "free" hub....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Then make-do with the issues then. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

so you don't want help. then live with the speed. If you won't let people help you no one can fix the problen

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you fan boy clowns think Virgin do anything for free you've been truly brainwashed and nothing i say can help you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And no one will want to help you with that attitude 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You know where the door is. If you feel that way. Plenty of other ISP for you

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos