Menu
robbiekhan
Up to speed
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Since the start of May my 360Mb speed has halved?

So a bit of a weird one and I imagine it's VM's end having a bit of congestion perhaps or something else along those lines but wondering if anyone can shed light and where I'd go to report this now since the lines are busy and there does not appear to be live chat active any more?

(http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/temp/1.jpg)

Here's a screenshot of my speedtests over various days since the end of April. Up until the 26th April when I did my last test for that month I have been consistently getting over 350Mbps download speeds regardless of time of day. But since May and more recently since the speed issues affecting VM in recent weeks, I've only been able to get 150-200Mbps. latency and upload remains fine however, this is just download related like as if there's a throttling put on place.

I have done all the troubleshooting my end to no avail and I am 100% confident there is no issue here. I have even fully reset the Hub 3.0 and this has not changed anything.

Operational config on the hub is:

(http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/temp/2.jpg)

And the channel stats are:

(http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/temp/3.jpg)

The service status on VM account area page states there are no issues in my area but from past experience this is usually wrong/out of date. The speed tests above were done from a wired PC (1Gbps) and my wireless (5GHz @ 500-800Mbps) devices also show the same results

Thanks!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Since the start of May my 360Mb speed has halved?

Don’t speedtest wireless. It’s not accurate.

Are you wired direct to the hub and not via a switch or another access point or powerline plug?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
robbiekhan
Up to speed
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Wireless has always been accurate (matched the speed of wired) for me. I'm in modem only mode with an Asus AC68U router. Wireless only from portables though. My main PC is wired and I have tested the issue both directly wired to the hub in router mode, and directly to the router.

As mentioned, this issue only started since the most recent VM issue affecting various people around the nation which was around the start of May. As you can see from the speedtest screenshot, the 26th April was the last test I ran before May and up until that point I was getting well over 350Mb on both wired and wireless. This is 100% not a local equipment issue (unless the Hub 3 is at fault?) and as above, I have confirmed this by connecting wired directly to the Hub 3.0 and experiencing the same.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Why are you using Router Mode with your own router attached?

You should be in Modem Mode. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
robbiekhan
Up to speed
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Please re-read my posts. I used router mode for troubleshooting/diagnostics and to confirm that in router mode and the PC connected to the Hub only, the issue still remains.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Your levels are fine.

Have you setup a BQM graph?

0 Kudos
robbiekhan
Up to speed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I did yep, the red on the left is during the time I was faffing around troubleshooting. Everything afterwards is with the equipment back up and running exactly as it was before.

0 Kudos
alphaomega16
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Anybody know if there is a block on new posts, I have tried to start a post twice and waited 5-10m incase it was slow to update but they not showing up.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

There’s no a block no. 
But it depends what you’re posting. 

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Hero
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@robbiekhan

I did yep, the red on the left is during the time I was faffing around troubleshooting. Everything afterwards is with the equipment back up and running exactly as it was before.

Think Broadband gives you the embed code for their images, try that instead of self-host to see how it works

0 Kudos