Menu
A_wharton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Since the lock down my internet speed has halved? How to contact support ?

Hi, since the lock down started my internet speed has dropped from 200mbps to about 80mbps. It feels like my connection has been down graded. I’ve tested with laptop and wired connection. It’s been fine for the last year+. Any thoughts or do I really have to call virgin support ? I know they must be busy. Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Since the lock down my internet speed has halved? How to contact support ?

@A_wharton wrote:

Hi, since the lock down started my internet speed has dropped from 200mbps to about 80mbps. It feels like my connection has been down graded. I’ve tested with laptop and wired connection. It’s been fine for the last year+. Any thoughts or do I really have to call virgin support ? I know they must be busy. Thanks in advance. 

Have you tested your speed at off peak times, which with the lock down is now usually after midnight and before 7am?  If the speed is only slow during the day then it suggests a capacity issue on your segment of the network which has been exacerbated by the lock down.  If your speeds are still slow off peak then there may be a fault with your line.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Since the lock down my internet speed has halved? How to contact support ?

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hub admin pages 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos