Menu
chatekar
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Significant packet loss affecting speed

I have been noticing constant speed drops, disconnections, issues with voice calls on Microsoft Teams. I have raised complaints with Virgin but that has been proven as unreliable as their speed claims. 

My BQM graph shows significant packet loss. 

How do I fix this? 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Significant packet loss affecting speed

@chatekar wrote:

I have been noticing constant speed drops, disconnections, issues with voice calls on Microsoft Teams. I have raised complaints with Virgin but that has been proven as unreliable as their speed claims. 

My BQM graph shows significant packet loss. 

How do I fix this? 

BQM shows clear signs of oversubscription in your area, since it settles in the early hours:

carl_pearce_0-1609970498900.png

0 Kudos
chatekar
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That must be a Virgin problem to resolve, isn't it? What are my options here as a consumer. I have 2 open complaints with Virgin so far. They said they will get back in 72 hours but it has been more than 3 weeks, no one has cared to get back
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone it in as dropped connections all through the working day and evening.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
chatekar
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Finally, after 100 waiting to talk to someone, Virgin agreed there is some issue (they did not tell me what) and they will be sending someone over next week to look at my router. 

0 Kudos