Menu
Nickfezz
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Shocking speeds and YouTube etc dropping out.

I’ve had my install for about 2 weeks now.  My speeds are awful in the last few days.  Plus Facebook videos and YouTube keep stalling.

not what I signed up for.5F1B9FAA-519A-451D-BF55-BA86075806EF.png

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking speeds and YouTube etc dropping out.

What devices are you using for viewing and how are they connected to the Hub?
Are you testing speeds on an ethernet cable connected device? If not, do so and see what you get, wifi speeds are too susceptible to other variables.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Nickfezz
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

iPhones mainly via Wi-fi.  PS4 lagging etc etc.  Early reading on Speedtest were fine yet now it’s progressively worse.  Nothing has change in my infrastructure 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Which wifi network are you connecting to? My iP7+ gets 220mbps (I am on Vivid200) when on the 5GHz network in the same room as the router, and when i flick it to the 2.4GHz network it gets 70-80mbps. Just the limitation of the technology.
One quick thing is to check your coax connections are all in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and also at any splitters/attenuators/etc and check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing (rabbit chews!). Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Nickfezz
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I’ve now got flashing green arrows on router.  Then they go red.  

Im sick of this.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nickfezz,

Sorry for the low speeds.

Can you do a wired speedtest for me at speedtest.net and let me know the result? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos