Menu
webster74
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Shocking service just recently

I realise that due to pandemic certain services are stretched etc however just recently the service I’m receiving from Virgin is awful.  Broadband constantly dipping in and out, streaming films from NOW or Netflix always buffering or losing connection.  Kids home learning forever being disrupted and I’m paying for the top 200mb package.

Actually getting through to someone is a joke.  On hold for 60 mins and then line cuts out.  Online service status useless and always states everything fine.  Complaint lodged online with a request for a call back but no one answers it and then the icing on the cake is that I receive an email stating my bill’s increasing next month despite only 4 months ago promising me no further price rises for 18 months.

I’ve tried every avenue listed on their website to try and speak to a Virgin representative but failed.  Anyone got any other options in how to contact someone from Virgin.  Not sure what’s happening over there but the service I’ve been receiving from them recently is certainly not what they’re advertising.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking service just recently

What speeds do you get at >>  SamKnows << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Then immediately after …

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If possible can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Please post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Live Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then Advanced Settings > Tools > Network Status.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again.

Use one post for each tab if you wish.

Please do not use screen shots.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

0 Kudos
webster74
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes I probably could. However what would be the point because my issue is that I am unable to speak to anybody at Virgin to discuss the issues that I keep having?  Do you know of any way to contact them outside of the usual phone, email and useless techbot?  I’ve tried them all and had no luck.  Phone message states ‘due to pandemic we have had to close some of our call centres’.  It would appear that they’ve closed most of them because looking on this community page I’m not the only one struggling to get hold of someone.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If there was "any way to contact them outside of the usual phone, email and useless techbot" it would be just as normal as those that you have listed.

If you give us the requested information we may be able to help or at least point you in the right direction.

Calling in now, you would have enough time to provide the information and have a brew before the call is answered

If you don't want community assistance please let us know and we can move on to help others.

0 Kudos
webster74
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, are you a Virgin Media rep because what I want is to speak to someone directly about my account and service?

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You can either call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 10 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@webster74 wrote:

Sorry, are you a Virgin Media rep because what I want is to speak to someone directly about my account and service?

The forum is not a direct line to VM.

You can wait for VM staff, however it can take a week or more.

0 Kudos
webster74
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I know it’s not pal but I’m trying all options as after a week of phone calls with lengthy waits and no one answering plus a complaint that hasn’t been acknowledged, it’s all I can do.  Ombudsman next.