Menu
Roseblade666
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Shocking 1GB speed!

I'm on the 1 gig fibre package and ive never even seen about 550mb. My samknows speed is currently maxing out around 350-400mb, ive done hard resets, soft resets, repositioned the modem and still no improvement. Am i doing something wrong or have a got a genuinely bad connection?20200828_210419.jpg

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking 1GB speed!

Is this wired or wireless devices?

0 Kudos
jhuk
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well that is the internal speed so it is from the VM Coax to the HUB4, nothing to do with his side be it Wired or WIFI, only thing he would need check is the tightness of F-Connector at HUB4 after he fitted it (as in my case nothing else was changed/touched).

I can beat that.

This morning at 1:16am

2020-08-28 (1).png

Ran this 10 seconds after the above.

Annotation 2020-08-28 011750.png

0 Kudos
Roseblade666
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Both wired and wireless, the speed fluctuates massively and drops as low as 40mbs at the router most days, F connections are good and have tried 3 different virgin supplied coax cables.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roseblade666,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you aren't happy with the speeds you are getting, with our gigabit speed and the new super hub 4.0 the speed test we use is Sam knows, to get a correct reading you would need to put the router in modem mode and test using a wired connection, the device should have a gigabit network card and using a cat 6 or above cable, please disconnect everything from the router other than the one wired device while testing.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Paul_DN wrote:

Hi Roseblade666,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you aren't happy with the speeds you are getting, with our gigabit speed and the new super hub 4.0 the speed test we use is Sam knows, to get a correct reading you would need to put the router in modem mode and test using a wired connection, the device should have a gigabit network card and using a cat 6 or above cable, please disconnect everything from the router other than the one wired device while testing.

Regards

Paul.

Why does it have to be in modem mode?

You should get around 940Mbps on ethernet regardless of mode?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carl,

The reason we advise putting it in modem mode is to eliminate everything else and check what speed the router is getting.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos