I currently pay for the 500Mbs service and have had this for approximately 2 months now.
In all that time the speed has only exceeded 300Mbs on 1 occasion which was the day it was installed.
Since then it has maxed out at around 240Mbs. Most of the time it struggles to reach 170Mbs.
Recently however, it is struggling to even get to 10Mbs and on occasion to 0.17Mbs!! I had faster dial-up times.
Trying to get help via the website is useless as the page it ultimately directs me to is not found (400 error) Trying to call on the phone leaves me in a queue for the best part of an hour before eventually directing me back to the website where the page doesn't exist.
I'm severely regret moving from BT now as I depend on my internet for work and it's now impossible to do any at all. I also wonder if there is anyone other than sales people and instal;lation engineers that work for Virgin. I certainly wouldn't recommend them to anyone at the moment!
I have tried all of the usual fixes with the router reboot, cables, etc - none have made any difference. I've tried both wi-fi and wired connections to no avail.
I will add that the currently measured speeds are a heady download of 37.90 Mbs and upload of 2.87 Mbs, which is pretty quick for the moment (sic!) About 30 minutes ago it was sitting at 6.17Mbs download.