cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seems a classic case of over utilization

conman33158
Super solver

Hi guys. It started a week ago after a gradual build up and now just unusable at times. All router stats normal apart from loads of T3 timeouts. I noticed a load of new neighbours moving in at the same time and looks like they have all jumped onto Virgin. Not too worried to be honest as BT Full Fibre 900 is now available in my area so I guess that's where I'm headed 😉 I had a good run

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4e4077597217f9b489a973dad650bc2238cedbdd

Screenshot 2022-04-10.png

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@conman33158 wrote:

Just getting ridiculous now!!

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts

1US_TYPE_STDMA00500
2US_TYPE_STDMA00540
3US_TYPE_STDMA00280
4US_TYPE_STDMA00750

Ouch, thats not looking good at all.

Besides the timeouts there is no excuse for packet loss at all.

TRY HARDER VIRGIN.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

29 REPLIES 29

cje85
Trouble shooter

All VM TBB graphs are showing that problem between around 4pm-10pm yesterday. There seemed to be a national problem. Outside of that your connection looks very good.

It's not just confined to yesterday mate but going on for weeks and almost always at peak times 🙂

BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup

Anonymous
Not applicable

You've got a high minimum latency too - more common with hub 5s than 4s.

I've bit the bullet and ordered BT Full Fibre 900 seeing it's available, won't be installed until the 4th May 2022 though, as I think they might still have to do some external work before hand. I had only went with Virgin as this was the only available FTTP at the time. It's working out cheaper than Virgin with 110Mb upload which is very important to me as opposed to 52Mb upload and seeing as customer services is now in UK and Ireland that's a bonus. I was with BT for over 30 Years before coming to Virgin and although we had our ups and downs I found them to be pretty reliable and on the ball most times, don't get me wrong, I haven't had many issues with Virgin and understand things do break no matter who you're with but Virgin was always a temporary thing until BT FTTP became available and my contract now ends with Virgin. Virgin have served me well and I am not dissing them in any shape or form. At the end of the day I will still have a 14 day cooling of period with BT and if things don't work out with I can maybe sort something out with Virgin and see if there really is over utilisation going on which to me having great stats with a BQM not reflecting that's it maybe time to move on. I'll take it one step at a time for now 🙂

Let us know how it works out sir.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know how you get on. I think many of us, once we have the choice, will make the switch. 

Will do guys, I'll still be floating about the forums 🙂

Hi @conan33158

Thanks for posting on our community forum

Sorry to hear about your issues and sorry to hear you're leaving. I'd love to look into this with you, how has your connection been since posting?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Seems a national issue being discussed but not acknowledged - VM CORE NETWORK FAILURE 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5