Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SamKnows RealSpeed test

Nickcrouch
Tuning in

I am connect to my Hub 3 wifi.  I try the SamKnows RealSpeed test and it says:

"No router found

Make sure you’re on the same WiFi network as your Virgin Media Hub.
The Virgin Media Hub must also be on router mode"

I am still connected and internet is working.........

What am I doing wrong?

63 REPLIES 63

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @chrisjames

Thanks for your reply

I am going to drop you a private message to collect some quick details and to have a look into this with you. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@chrisjames wrote:

@Alex_RM wrote:

Hi chrisjames,

Thanks for the update, Looking at things from our side I can see there seems to be a short-term stability issue we're aware of, this may cause intermittent or performance related issues with the customers connection.

In the vast majority of cases, these types of issues are resolved after 24 hours. If you can please keep us posted with how you get on.

Alex_Rm

Update: Intermittent drop-outs lasting between 15secs and 5 minutes any time of day

Now: SamKnows check. Hello, this message is back again.:

This WiFi network does not support RealSpeed

Make sure you’re on the same WiFi network as your Virgin Media Hub. The Virgin Media Hub must be on router mode.
You’ll also need to temporarily disable VPNs if you have one.

This has now been sorted by me. It was the Avast anti-virus blocking the signal. Disabled it for 10 minutes and SamKnows worked fine. Then totally uninstalled Avast and used something else. The speed on my computer shot up to nearly 1000 which compared to other speed tests!!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @chrisjames 

I too previously had slow speeds and removed Avast and the speeds doubled. I just use the inbuily Windows Security now.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Not sure if that is the actual solution although I am glad it worked for you. I had the same Samknows Realspeed issue. It was working until about Tuesday last week and then the "This WiFi network does not support Realspeed" error message came up using Opera. Tried on Edge. Same issue. Figured it may be down.

But over the course of a week, there was no change. Tried disabling Avast. Nothing. Tried disabling Malwarebytes. No Change. Both. No change. Rebooted my router and now it works. 

So, before changing all your software, try that. 

My speeds were way down now (and all over the place - for example, HTTP1 DL on think broadband was 240Mb and HTTP6 was 187Mb). The router reboot helped with that although Wifi speeds are still lower than I expect. For the record, when disabling Avast, DL improved from 277 to 297 but that may also be a function of line variability.