Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SamKnows RealSpeed test

Nickcrouch
Tuning in

I am connect to my Hub 3 wifi.  I try the SamKnows RealSpeed test and it says:

"No router found

Make sure you’re on the same WiFi network as your Virgin Media Hub.
The Virgin Media Hub must also be on router mode"

I am still connected and internet is working.........

What am I doing wrong?

63 REPLIES 63

Hi PaulCope, 

Thanks again for coming back to me via private message. 

As the appointment time is unsuitable, please reschedule this using the link I gave you above. This will allow you to choose a time and date suitable to yourself 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

I've just taken delivery of and installed a Hub 5. Everything appears to work but when I go to RealSpeed - SamKnows I get a message saying 

No router found

The Virgin Media Hub must also be on router mode.

I am on the same WiFi network and the hub is in router mode.

Any ideas what is wrong?

@richard_martin wrote:

Hi,

I've just taken delivery of and installed a Hub 5. Everything appears to work but when I go to RealSpeed - SamKnows I get a message saying 

No router found

The Virgin Media Hub must also be on router mode.

I am on the same WiFi network and the hub is in router mode.

Any ideas what is wrong?

I couldn't even get my Hub 4 to connect in router mode, I've a feeling something has changed within SamKnows but could be wrong.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

Hi all,

I’ve been getting the same.

I called VM support and was told they don’t have access to the Samknows service that home users access and that I should.contact Samknows about this. I send a message to Samknows but got no response. Third time lucky (!?!) I did get a response which was that I should contact VM about it. I explained that VM said to contact them and was told that they would contact VM on my behalf and get them to contact me. They took my e-mail and mobile number, but of course no one got back to me….. so I gave up!

An engineer came out and found two faults with the power levels dropping off, one with the line to the house and one with the power levels to the line in the road.

still no further progress. VM is useless….

Hi @PaulCope,

I am very sorry to hear about this. Can you please clarify what issues you're currently having with your connection?

Can you please set up and share a live BQM with us so that we can take a look at your connection?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Haha yea right.. an IT Manager who has been in the business over 17 years managing complex networks and VLANs doesn't know how to turn on a router and connect a CAT6 cable to a ethernet port.

Please don't insult me with lame responses.

I have had multiple engineers out, mostly non 1gig engineers who don't carry the required testers to test levels for a 1 gig connection.

The issue is with power levels and bad connections in the underground cables which has been confirmed with the latest engineer visit.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@richard_martin wrote:

Hi,

I've just taken delivery of and installed a Hub 5. <snip>  

The SamKnows client is maybe not yet in the Hub 5 firmware.  Don’t forget the Hub 5 has only left trials and is in soft launch mode. Expect a few bugs for a while whilst VM work on the firmware. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @PaulCope,

Thank for expanding. Can you clarify when you last had an engineer visit about this and what they advised exactly?

Along with this, can you set up and share with us a live BQM as requested?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I had a Hub 4 installed a month ago as I had a 1gb speed upgrade.   For the first few days SamKnows said my router speed was 1.176gb day after day. I used the Network diagnostic tool and it found numerous "faults" with my wifi connections involving individual items of apparatus, eg speakers etc. When I had a live chat about my Netflix service not working I was told that it would be sorted out over the (Bank Holiday) week-end as the area was having problems which were being rectified.  Of course, the Netflix wasn't fixed but I no longer had numerous errors running the Diagnostic tool. But I got that message from SamKnows:

This WiFi network does not support RealSpeed

Make sure you’re on the same WiFi network as your Virgin Media Hub. The Virgin Media Hub must be on router mode.
You’ll also need to temporarily disable VPNs if you have one.

I don't have VPNs so I assume the reason SamKnows no longer works is something to do with the week-end update from Virgin Media.