Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 61 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Re: SamKnows RealSpeed test

Hi @chrisjames

Thanks for your reply

I am going to drop you a private message to collect some quick details and to have a look into this with you. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
chrisjames
Dialled in
Message 62 of 63
Flag for a moderator

@chrisjames wrote:

@Alex_RM wrote:

Hi chrisjames,

Thanks for the update, Looking at things from our side I can see there seems to be a short-term stability issue we're aware of, this may cause intermittent or performance related issues with the customers connection.

In the vast majority of cases, these types of issues are resolved after 24 hours. If you can please keep us posted with how you get on.

Alex_Rm

Update: Intermittent drop-outs lasting between 15secs and 5 minutes any time of day

Now: SamKnows check. Hello, this message is back again.:

This WiFi network does not support RealSpeed

Make sure you’re on the same WiFi network as your Virgin Media Hub. The Virgin Media Hub must be on router mode.
You’ll also need to temporarily disable VPNs if you have one.

This has now been sorted by me. It was the Avast anti-virus blocking the signal. Disabled it for 10 minutes and SamKnows worked fine. Then totally uninstalled Avast and used something else. The speed on my computer shot up to nearly 1000 which compared to other speed tests!!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 63 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Hi @chrisjames 

I too previously had slow speeds and removed Avast and the speeds doubled. I just use the inbuily Windows Security now.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules