Menu
Bazza01
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

SLOW Broadband

Why I am not getting the 107mpbs, I have got 200mpbs but only get 25 max and over the weekend it was appalling, have lost count the amount of times I switched the router on and off surely this can not be write, I was told on one occasion it was because I'm at the end of the line really with the technology we have about today Virgin Media do the write thing get it sorted out please 3 of us now working from home. 

0 Kudos
brockett
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: SLOW Broadband

Totally sympathise. I have the same problem. I can get 199 mbs when it's working but it's dropping all day long. I got an engineer out for it a few months back and he checked it all over and said he could find no faults. However it's been just as bad ever since, he was obviously checking it when it was working and it's so random when it drops. With a price hike this makes me really mad. I have two people working from home who are constantly getting cut off in the middle of important work calls and they're getting pretty angry at me for not switching provider. I think I should have got a new router but the engineer said it was ok. So what's my problem then, I'm not getting what I'm paying for even without the price hike.

0 Kudos
Bazza01
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I had an engineer out just before xmas break in the cable in the street while I was waiting they boosted the signal from the box in the street who would have thought but when the cable was replaced they unboosted now just drop outs most of the day, an increase of £4.00 new router coming today if that does not sort out next an engineer and if no joy I'll take it to ofcom.

brockett
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Appalling service. And when I tried to phone them to discuss the poor service and also to discuss my bill, I got the message, we're busy, call back later. They couldn't even spell the words customer service. I hope your new router works, let us know if it does!

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bazza01,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the broadband issues you've had. 

I have taken a look on our side and can see you have had a replacement router sent out. 

Has this made any difference to the service? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Bazza01
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin

Can I say that the new router has made a slight difference and we are now getting more stable speeds but alas still not getting the 107 Mbps out of 200 Mbps regularly as promised, it is still very intermittent? At least it is a bit better than 15 Mbps Download and 4 Mbps upload, but still not what we are paying for, our average is now about 70 Mbps Download and 20 Mbps Upload an improvement I know.

Regards

Barry    

0 Kudos