Menu
Noghar
Dialled in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

SERVICE STATUS is not accurate

I have been getting network dropouts for the last few weeks, total loss for a few minutes a few times every hour.  I checked the Service Status Page which told me there were no issues and from there ran a test which confirmed that there were no issues.  So I rang for tech support, and guess what the voicemail announcement said?  

"Customers in the South East may be experiencing intermittent problems on broadband.  Our engineers are working on the issue."

What is the explanation for this?  What is the point of a status page that is not accurate, and forces me to waste time reporting faults VIRGIN ALREADY KNOWS ABOUT? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: SERVICE STATUS is not accurate

As well as trying the “check service,” webpage" which reports "big issues" affecting thousands of customer - there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level affecting fewer customers in one location - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers a few houses.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Noghar
Dialled in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

A very useful answer, I thought, until I rang that number, and was told there were no issues in my area.  Clearly it is just duplicating the inaccurate info on the web page.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

There may not be... it might just be you (and a few others) so you will have to call it in – the UK call centre is still picking up. After all, if customers don’t report faults, VM don’t know about them to add to their databases.

Ir may be they do know about it but the database has not been updated yet - or its fixed and you may need to reboot/reset your Hub.

A VM person should comment about this on here soon.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Noghar
Dialled in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

As I said in my initial post, I did call in the fault, only to hear a recorded announcement that 'Customers in the South East may be experiencing problems." So it's more than just a street, and Virgin already know about it, and it's not mentioned on their status page, which was the point of the post.  I didn't come here to report a fault. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

you read my post before I remembered that and added the last bits 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So do you live in the south east?

Not all area faults are published on the status page. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Noghar
Dialled in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Of course I live in the South East. I'm affected by the faults.  And the Service Status page requires you to log in precisely in order to tell you the faults in YOUR AREA.  If it doesn't list the known faults what is the point of it? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Noghar wrote:

in YOUR AREA.  If it doesn't list the known faults what is the point of it? 

Just for your info - "Area" in VM speak is not geographic - it refers to legacy billing areas associated with the merged companies.  As an example, I am in Area20 in South Manchester, as are others on here in Bristol, Surrey, Sussex & London - and other places - so its easy to see why the AREA faults can be misleading.  No point complaining about that - its just the way its always been and is unlikely ever to change.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The service status page can list geographic area faults too. When broadband goes down on my area it is usually listed on the service status page, even if other places nearby served on the same CMTS aren't affected. 

0 Kudos