Menu
Alanb2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Rude rep

Just  had a call from a rep to see if our upload speed is any better to that no its still low only 16Mbs. But to be spoken to like I'm an idiot I don't not find amusing and telling me I can't speak to the manager come on guys sort it out. Not happy. Don't pay all this money to been treated like a 2 year old. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Rude rep

Hi Alanb2, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about this, unless you had arranged a call previously - the teams don't usually call out to check on your upload speeds to be honest, and there are a lot of scam-calls at the moment where they are pretending to be VM. 

Are you sure this was us? Please confirm the number that called you and we'll look into it.

Tom 

Alanb2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

He called us on our virgin landlines as was asking for us to download any desk.com we was struggling to understand him that's wh he got rude and I asked to talk to the manger or someone else and was told there isn't anyone. 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Alanb2 wrote:

He called us on our virgin landlines as was asking for us to download any desk.com we was struggling to understand him that's wh he got rude and I asked to talk to the manger or someone else and was told there isn't anyone. 

any caller that asks you to download something is a scammer 

Tony
0 Kudos
Alanb2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well if it was I'm glad we didn't download the program and we have had problems with the upload speed and latency 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can assure you that will not have been us calling you Alanb2, and would recommend reporting this kind of thing here: virg.in/reportspam

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with your upload speed & latancy. I've taken a look from here and am not able to identify any obvious problems.

Please post your Hub/network connection details so we can check to see if there is a problem there. If you're unsure how:
In your browser’s URL box type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. When the page loads log in and then click ‘Check Router Status’. Copy full sets of data onto here from the downstream, upstream, &  network logs pages and paste them here.

Please don’t include personal data or MAC addresses -  if you copy/paste the data the forum software should blank them out for you. 

You can also set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts.  It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Tom