cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish broadband speed and customer service

Becta1
Joining in

We're poor customer service and broadband. We took a broadband package promising 500mb/s speed. It worked for the first 6 months but then gradually dropped and very very unreliable. It would constantly dropped the speed every 5 to 10 minutes. We contacted them to mention the problem, having regular speed tests, recording the speeds and saving screen shots. They refuse to acknowledge that, saying its no problem at their end or their equipment although instead of getting at least half the speed promised we would get down to even 13mb/s. They didn't even send someone to check the equipment. Refused to take responsibility. Very disappointed Virgin.

How to deal with this as its not fair for me to pay for 500mb/s and get even down to 13mb/s or total loss of connection on a regular basis.. This happened for more than 6 months now.. At first complain, they advised me to get a booster pod, which I'm paying as well around £5 extra per month and doesn't do anything.

How on earth should I solve this and get either a good connection, or a proportionate discount for not delivering what they promised? 

1 REPLY 1

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Becta1,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're receiving lower than expected speeds on your service. If this issue is solely on Wi-Fi, please be aware that there are various factors that can affect Wi-Fi, such as wall thickness and signal interference.

I can see from our side that you have spoken with the team, and have since booked a Technician Visit. Please let us know how things are after this visit.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ