Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Routing and performance issues

Has anyone else (in the Swindon area?) had issues this week?  I've been getting 70 instead of 100Mb for a few days, today I'm barely getting 50.

I also note that I can't access some websites (eurocarparts.com) for example, whereas I can over 4G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Routing and performance issues

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what does it report the 'connection speed’ as for the cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm using a 1Gb wired connection.  Now, the home network is complicated, but I can't see that being the issue here.

I'm using the Hub3 as a modem, GbE to an Asus router, then GbE again to a switch to which I'm connected at 10Gb 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Let's start again ...

What speed do you get at >> Sam Knows Real Speed << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Switching back to the Hub3 in router mode does indeed improve the situation re. performance.  It would seem the Asus router/Hub 3 modem pairing doesn't work so well (even if it claims GbE).

Still had routing issues for another 24 hours (to specific sites), although DNS was resolving them correctly... that's cleared up too now.

Now, if only I could get MAC Filtering to work properly on the Hub3, that was the reason for using the Asus router!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The ASUS router should be fine. I use an ASUS RT-AC86U with the Hub 3 and haven't had any problems.

As router mode gives you a different IP, perhaps the previous IP you had in modem mode was blocked for some reason. IP blocking seems to be a common issue on VM. 

0 Kudos