Menu
mikelf1001
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Router

Hi

I have the original router supplied 6 years ago. I get a lot of buffering on streaming. my speed is something like 54.

would a new router help me and if so, how do I get one supplied and installed? trying to ring is hopeless!!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router

If that is the SH1 - it should be replaced as soon as. Is it?

You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's (may be a delivery charge). It works first time for about 50% of customers if it doesn't, come back here.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
mikelf1001
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Sorry for delay.

I assume the SH refers to Super Hub. I have looked at the base and i says Super Hub 2

I am going to the link as you suggest, however, if it is a self installation then I am snookered as my knowledge is: Nil!

I will need to find a "Child" to do it for me.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards
Mike

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you can wire a domestic 3 pin plug you are overqualified for installing a VM Hub.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
mikelf1001
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I can wire a plug, however, I am of an age that this sort of stuff I find Scary!

Went on Virgin site and all I keep getting is a response saying they cannot connect me to that page!

What happened to phone calls and 1-1 service eh!

Cheers

0 Kudos