Menu
Mushtaq12
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Router is showing its age

I have Virgin Media Hub 3 router, which is more than 4 years old approximately and it seems to slowing down my 200GB broadband service as my WIFI is very slow and intermittently render websites. I have previously logged a call with the Virgin technical team, requesting a replacement router but instead an engineer visited was arranged. The engineer checked few things and replaced the power adaptor but the slowness issue still persists.The engineer did leave his number to contact him if required or to look into replacing the router but when I called, there was no answer so I left a message but nothing heard from the engineer.

can you please replace my ageing router.

thanks

M Hassan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Router is showing its age

VM will not replace Hubs unless they are faulty. I guess the Tech didnt think it was - so are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables?

What types of devices are you connecting on?

If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related? I suspect its just wifi related after a Tech visit

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.