Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ridiculously low speds B65

I gave up back in November as my speeds finally went up, not to what I pay for 200mbps, but to a workable speed.

However, here I am again finding myself with woefully slow internet speeds.  Can a member of the team contact me to discuss as I am working form home currently, I can't connect to my company VPN consistently.

speed.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ridiculously low speds B65

For some reason the picture isn't working, that was showing 2.54MBPS down 2.65 up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ianise, 

Thank you for posting to the Community.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing slow speeds.

Were the test results that you have provided completed via a wired or wireless connection please?

If it was wireless are you able to connect a device via ethernet directly to the Hub to run a speed test?

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat,

Wired. Ironically Wireless is better, but only just.

Todays test is 0.2 down 0.09 up wired, 1.23 down 1.12 up wireless!

Last time I had this issue after a week of back and forth it went back up to the normal speeds I receive, which since VM had a drive in my area is around 50MBPS, which I know falls under the "acceptable" speed, but I may as well pay for that speed if that is what I am going to get...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I couldn't post the actual data so had to do it this way.

Up/Downstream data 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks ianise.

I've had a look at the backend of your services and I'm not able to see anything that could be causing an issue. 

Have you tried performing a factory reset of the hub? You can do this by poking a paperclip or something similar into the pinhole labelled RESET for at least 20 seconds. Please bear in mind that any settings or passwords would revert to their default and disconnect any wireless devices.

Let me know if you see an improvement after that.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melissa,

I performed a factory reset and speeds picked back up to 50mbps and then dropped, so I have been performing power cycles every day, which do help for a little while.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ianise,

Thanks for replying. Nothing is showing as impacting your network connection from our remote diagnostics. Is this happening an all times of the day/evening? If after factory resetting your hub you are still having these speeds on a daily basis, are you able to try disconnecting everything from the network besides your wired connection and running another speed test?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos