Menu
wolfheart
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Ridicilious speed

Hi,

I was on 500 Mb with hub 3 and was getting 700 mbs and odd time 1.4 GB. Now I am on 1Gb connectiong i am hardly getting 500 mbps with the hub 4 and its been like that since I got it.

I am wired and no router.

I was told people in india could help (how they going to fix hub etc when in another country)?

Please help or do i need to cancel and find another provider?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ridicilious speed

Wired from what device?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
wolfheart2
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi, i have tried on a ryzen 7 desktop and my asus gl533vd laptop and i was getting 700MB on 500MB connection and now I am on 1Gb it has dropped way below 500 and now only getting 190mb 😞 this is beyond a joke virgin! I have tried different cat cables including the new cat7 and all same speeds.

Please help

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

What speeds do other devices achieve?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I don't think you ever got 700 Mb or 1.4 Gb on your 500 Mb service.  Something is not right with your measurements. 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi wolfheart, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your broadband speeds.

I've taken a look and there are currently no obvious wider issues & everything otherwise appears to be fine really. Can you upload your hub stats please?

If you're unsure how:
In your browser’s URL box type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. Click on the “router status” icon at top right (SuperHub2) or the text at bottom-middle of first page up (Hub3) and then copy/paste 3 full sets of data onto here – from the downstream, upstream, &  network logs pages. Please don’t include personal data or MAC addresses -  if you copy/paste the data the forum software should blank them out for you. 

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
wolfheart2
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have added the screenshots.

downstream1.pngdownstream2.pngdownstream3.pngdownstream4.pngdownstream5.pngnetworklog1.pngnetworklog2.pngupstream.png

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for replying, Wolfheart2

I'll send you a PM, shortly

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos
wolfheart2
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I sorted it, turns out my laptop was over heating, I now get nearly upto 2GB.
0 Kudos
wolfheart
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi my speeds have dropped dramastically to 120Mb this is not funny one bit virgin, it aint my laptop or bros desktop.
0 Kudos