Menu
archercj
Dialled in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Reliable online Speedcheck for 1gig

Virgin are saying to use Samknows to check speed. But I have my Hub4 in Modem mode and its a pain swapping it all back over.

On the SamKnows site there is also a link ot www.broadbandperformance.co.uk which has a dial that goes up to 1000+.

Yet when I run it I only get around 450Mbps.

Is anyone aware of this site and if it is fairly accurate?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reliable online Speedcheck for 1gig

Try

>> OHV <<

>> OfCom <<

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

Fast.com 

Oddly the max reported Download on fast.com that I get is 280Mbs while all others report 540 - 550Mbs to UK servers.

I get 250Mbs to a 1 Gig server in Singapore using OHV.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
archercj
Dialled in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you all for you prompt responses. It is appreciate. It also highlights the issue offinding a reliable source to battle Virgin with lol.

I decided to switch my Linksys router off and did a factory reset of the Hub4. I also connected directly into the hubs ethernet port rathe rthan using wifi.

Results showed:

OVH - around 690Mb/s

Ofcom - around 400Mb/s

Fast - 550Mb/s

All rather lower than the 1gig.

Anyway I put the Hub4 back into Modem mode and fired my Linksys WRT32x back up. Ran the check with OVH and got around 460Mb/s. Tried different ethernet cables but no change. This is a different issue I need to address. The WRT32x does have 1gig WAN which I am plugged into.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Don't forget that they are all testing to your device so are not necessarily the WAN Speed to the Hub.

The only speed test that I have seen that splits the WAN Speed and LAN Speed is SamKnows Real Test.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What speed do you get when running the speed test built into your router?

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=247432 

0 Kudos
archercj
Dialled in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Great idea but sadly I have reflashed it with OpenWRT
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@archercj wrote:
Great idea but sadly I have reflashed it with OpenWRT

Are there any QOS options you can disable?

0 Kudos
archercj
Dialled in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Great minds and all that lol.

OpenWRT doesnt come with QoS enabled by default but I had installed the QoS package a few days ago in an attempt to see if it resolved the Teams (UDP?) issue that many havbe experienced.

I have just (before I read your suggestion) uninstall the QoS package and rebooted the router.

The result - OVH saying 930+mbps.
0 Kudos