For a few weeks now, I've been experiencing regular packet loss, at the worst case up to 12 times a day. These dropouts can last up to 10's of seconds at a time. There have been a few days in succession without any issues however. I had an engineer out this week, who said when assessing my Hub 3, that the Downstream power was slightly high, around 12dBmV. As a result, he simply added a 6dB attenuator, and sure enough the power reduced by half, with the Upstream power increasing slightly to compensate at around 42dBmV.
That unfortunately hasn't solved the issue, and today the connection has been horrendous; the worst yet. The Down/Up power levels have shifted slightly since the engineer visited.
I have been running the Hub 3 in Modem mode, connected to an Asus RT-AX86U. Earlier today, I factory reset the Hub 3 to see if that helped. It did not. Next I put the Hub 3 back into Router mode, and ran solely off of that. That made the packet loss worse if anything.
I have two BQM's that overlap in time, as when I switched from Modem Mode to Router Mode on the Hub 3 my IP address changed.
Hub 3 in Modem Mode until ~7pm. Factory reset was at ~4pm:
As of writing, the issue is still currently unresolved, with the connection being extremely intermittent.
Today's BQM Graph:
However, a second engineer has visited me today, at around 4PM, and has confirmed the issue is originating from the Virgin Media network. He has been in contact with the Network team, and the working theory is that there is a faulty amplifier in the downstream link in the local area. An engineer from the Network team will be inspecting the hardware tomorrow (Wednesday 25th), so I have been told.