Menu
Sirahbil
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Reduced speeds for the last week

For the last week, I have had speeds from having about 5-10Mbps download instead of the 100Mbps I pay for

Multiple friends and family that live in the surrounding area are also having the same issues, its insufferable at this point.

The standard "no known issues in my area", can't really do much on my end when its 4-5 devices all having the same issues other than restart the router.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reduced speeds for the last week

did you all check on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If there are no known issues (did you check on Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reduced speeds for the last week

Hi @Sirahbil,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your connection speeds recently. Are these ongoing today? If so, have you checked our Service Status page to see if any known area impacting faults are being reported there? You can also call on the number provided by @jbrennand too.

Let us know either way and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos